I’ve spent the last 5 years updating the inside of my house (new floors, new walls, new paint, new kitchen, upstairs master bath, etc…), building a garage, siding the house, and completely re-landscaping the backyard. Now it’s finally time to turn my attention to the wofully neglected front yard. I’m starting with the left and right front patches between the side-walk and the house (parking strips will come later) and just starting with the basics.
Accomplished in the last 6 weeks:
- Removed all the foundation plants from the front of the house
- Replanted the foundation areas with size appropriate, local habitat supporting plantings
- Carved out over 300 sq. ft. of planting beds & mulched
- Planted a berry patch between my property and the neighbors (3 Blueberry and 2 Huckleberry bushes)
- Planted pear trees across the front boundary as a living fence
- Relocated the rain barrels
Now for some pictures!
Pictures of the berry patch to come, it’s not quite finished, but as for the rest of the beds go now I just need to wait and watch it all grow!