I’ve had a keen interest in Green-Roofs for over 20 years and with the current changes coming in my life it may be the perfect time to explore this passion in more detail!
I’ve spent the last 5 years updating the inside of my house (new floors, new walls, new paint, new kitchen, upstairs master bath, etc…), building a garage, siding the house, and completely re-landscaping the backyard. Now it’s finally time to turn my attention to the wofully neglected front yard. I’m starting with the left and right front patches between the side-walk and the house (parking strips will come later) and just starting with the basics.
Accomplished in the last 6 weeks:
- Removed all the foundation plants from the front of the house
- Replanted the foundation areas with size appropriate, local habitat supporting plantings
- Carved out over 300 sq. ft. of planting beds & mulched
- Planted a berry patch between my property and the neighbors (3 Blueberry and 2 Huckleberry bushes)
- Planted pear trees across the front boundary as a living fence
- Relocated the rain barrels
Now for some pictures!
Pictures of the berry patch to come, it’s not quite finished, but as for the rest of the beds go now I just need to wait and watch it all grow!
I watched this today and was truly inspired. Watch…it’s worth the time…it’s motivating me to start planning for the garden expansion into the parking strips and the front yard…GRASS BE GONE!
“…and we have done it all without a flipping strategy document….”